VALANX Biotech is a young biotech start-up set out to revolutionize the cost-efficient production of protein-bioconjugates for therapeutics, biosensing and bioproduction. Fast-tracking our research & development is our current priority, therefore we are looking to employ a gifted
Junior Scientist Protein Engineering (m/f/x)
(open-ended contract, full-time or part-time)
for our lab in the newly built IST Tech Park in Klosterneuburg at the campus of the Institute of Science and Technology (IST) Austria.
What is required in this role:
• BSc. / MSc. / Dipl.-Ing. in Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Molecular Biology, or related field
• Experience in molecular cloning, protein engineering, protein purification, chemistry
• Experience in working with bacteria and / or yeast
• Preferred with some experience in mass spectrometry and protein purification automation
• Reliable and precise experimental execution
• Preferred with experience in an industrial lab environment
• Flexible adaptation to quickly changing work environments
• Problem solving in a constructive and challenging team-environment
• Independent working style with ability to collaborate with senior scientists to make appropriate and timely decisions to meet deadlines on experiments and projects
A very good to excellent command of the English language
• Work on the cutting edge of Science in Synthetic Biology
• People working on passion projects
• Flexible timing
• Challenging and creative work environment where your ideas are welcomed
• A fast-paced career path in a high-potential start-up
• A beautiful place to work with new and great facilities
• Attractive renumeration based on the collective contract for the Chemical Industry, Verwendungsgruppe II which is minimally 2.144,62 € brutto per month.
Starting date is as soon as possible.
If we have sparked your interest, please direct your application to Michael Lukesch (CEO) under hiring[_at_]valanx.bio. Please highlight your previous relevant work experiences.
We are looking forward to your application!